Bine ai venit guest

User:
Pass:

[Creare cont]
[Am uitat parola]
iBac = materialul ULTRACOMPLET de pregătire pentru bac la mate. Dacă vrei poţi.
Forum pro-didactica.ro  [Căutare în forum]

Forum » Matematică aplicată » relative velocity
[Subiect nou]   [Răspunde]
[1]
Autor Mesaj
RyanCaleb
Grup: membru
29 Sep 2017, 16:57

[Trimite mesaj privat]

relative velocity    [Editează]  [Citează] 

Hi there,

two planes A and B are flying at the same height. A is travelling at 500 km hr^-1 in a westerly direction. B is travelling at 600 km hr^-1 in a north westerly direction. a third plane C is also flying at the same flying at the same height appears to pilot A to be flying in a north west direction. whereas to the pilot of B plane C appears to be flying in a direction 30 degrees south of west. find the magnitude and direction of the true velocity of plane C

i have tried solving this using the 2 formula Vca=Vc-Va and Vcb=Vc-Vb but there are too many variables.

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.
References:
http://mathhelpforum.com/advanced-applied-math/276122-relative-velocity.html

B2B Advertising

gauss
Grup: Administrator
29 Sep 2017, 16:57

[Trimite mesaj privat]

[Citat]
Hi there,

two planes A and B are flying at the same height. A is travelling at 500 km hr^-1 in a westerly direction. B is travelling at 600 km hr^-1 in a north westerly direction. a third plane C is also flying at the same flying at the same height appears to pilot A to be flying in a north west direction. whereas to the pilot of B plane C appears to be flying in a direction 30 degrees south of west. find the magnitude and direction of the true velocity of plane C

i have tried solving this using the 2 formula Vca=Vc-Va and Vcb=Vc-Vb but there are too many variables.

What does it mean
"appears to pilot A to be flying in a north west direction"
in terms of composition of vectors?

This page is free of commercials.
Please REMOVE ALL LINKS to unrelated material, else the posts will be removed, the user banned.

---
df (gauss)
[1]

Legendă:  Access general  Conţine mesaje necitite  47486 membri, 58460 mesaje.
© 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 Pro-Didactica.ρ